Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
Job Summary: Part-time or Full-time
We are seeking a professional and experienced certified or registered medical assistant who will be responsible for front desk operations, including greeting patients for appointments, performing administrative tasks related to patient visits, and check in. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a strong, collegial team to provide care for adult and pediatric patients with allergies, asthma and immune disorders. This position may be part-time or full-time, with potential for growth within the organization. See below for qualifications, experience and expectations:
- High school diploma required
- CMA/RMA from accredited program
- Current Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association at the time of hire
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred, including experience in medical reception and front desk operations.
- Friendly demeanor, great attitude, and able to work effectively with others well as a member of the team.
- Ethical and dependable.
- Very detail oriented and organized, with an ability to work independently and efficiently
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written for corresponding with physicians, other employees, and third-party insurance representatives
- Experience working with the AthenaHealth EHR system is preferred
- Adept in basic computer skills, including email and internet applications
- Excellent customer service
- Efficient in management of patient phone calls, in a courteous and timely manner
- Greets and directs all patients within the practice, patient intake, vital signs
- Managing the phone system, directing incoming calls
- Obtaining patient demographics, patient authorizations, required forms and verifying insurance information for each visit
- Scanning pertinent patient information into the EHR and acknowledging receipt of incoming faxed documents
- Scheduling of upcoming appointments after completion of patient visit
- Monitor and review schedules, and confirm upcoming patient appointments
- Office opening procedures
- Clinical duties may include entering patient history into the medical record, performance of diagnostic allergy procedures, administration of allergy injections and biologic medications and monitoring patient status for possible adverse reactions.
- See full job description for additional duties and responsibilities.
We look forward to welcoming a future team member to our practice soon!